Sunday, May 24, 2009

For Starters...

My hesitancy to blog is only coupled by my longing to share. Having years upon end of choice experiences, singular to me, is my view sufficient? Are the myriad of other daily, weekly, bi-monthly, and blue moon writers too much of a shadow for me to even dent the fabric of the so-called "blogosphere?" What does it take to find a connection to others on here? Longevity, brashness, sincerity, a touch of glitz, and sensationalism all prove to be ingredients to others' successes. Will I still be happy next week when no one is following me, comments are rarer than the world view in an inner-city American classroom? Could my validation to writing only come through my parents, a random friend, a co-worker, or even a accidental visitor who comments, "I enjoyed this?" Will this, along with other online crutches, move me away from personal, human interaction into a more impersonal, stoic machine? I suppose I will know this soon enough. But until that realization occurs, I'll let you in now.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you have a blog now. I will definitely be reading it. I am usually a blog stalker, so if you get all freaked out by the many comments ill probably be posting, do not hesitate to tell me to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...your views are sufficient. I'm sure you'll leave more than a dent in the blogosphere. I'm pretty sure you know how to connected with others and you'll have more than just your parents and sister that will follow you. AND this better not limit your personal interaction with others and myself! Welcome to the blogosphere =)

    ReplyDelete